Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Edward Louis Sclier, Things He Said, Remembering....

Ed Sclier
1939 - 2004
Whenever I think about my late husband, Ed, I remember especially the things he said. His words of wisdom follow me as I go about my daily life. Today I share.

These are the things Ed Sclier said to me the last two weeks of his life:

"I love you. I'll always be here for you."

"Pay attention. Remember where you parked the car. Numbers going up mean you're going uptown, numbers going down, mean you're going downtown."

"If the electricity goes out while you're blow drying your hair, this is the circuit breaker. Press it."

"I did stupid."

"Pay no attention to my sister Judy. My sister Judy is crazy."

"George will need a car. He should have the Camry. Don't give it to him. Sell it to him."

"What would you do?"

"Linda is my wife. I love her very much. What Linda says goes. It would make me very unhappy if after I'm gone something should happen..."

"Keep writing. You must. Promise me..."

"What a kicker. We don't have a choice."

Here's to memories, promises, kickers, choices and no choice at all. Here's to making them, living them, working through them and sharing them. See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."


Remembering her promise to to Ed Sclier to "Keep writing," Linda Della Donna authored, A Gift of Love. It is available at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and bookseller stores everywhere.


4 comments:

  1. This post proves it.

    You have the soul of a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling just heaven !!! Amazing photograph !!! but this blog missing something like that, "Meta keywords:
    Meta description:". Please visit my site Small Business Ideas

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was lovely Linda. Although late, my condolences on your loss. Your husband sounds like a special kind of man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Smeej for stopping by. Thank you for you kind words.
      See you in print,
      LDD

      Delete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.