Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Tuesday - Ahhhh, mourning joy!


I can't sleep. It happens.
Rather than toss and turn and turn and toss, I slip on the white terry robe hanging on a hook in His closet and pad down the stairs, Izzy like a shadow attached to my heels, to greet the world and begin a new day.
It's 4-something in the morning and my head is spinning. Thoughts of Griefcase, the safe place I sometimes think nobody reads, thoughts of monthly bills, don't ask, and thoughts of friends.
It is 3 years, 2 months, 17 days since Edward Sclier died. I think of Him often, yes, it hurts, but it's not the lump-in-the-throat pain I suffered those early days, weeks and months after His death. Getting out of the house, meeting people, making friends, writing and researching Griefcase has made me, well, like Gloria Gaynor tells it, "...I grew strong."
Christopher Columbus may have discovered America, but I discovered YOU.
Ahhhh, mourning joy!
The birds are awake now. Except for the occasional rattle of a passing motorist tossing newspapers into neighborhood driveways, they're the only sounds.
And that's the way it is 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be.
Have a joy-filled day, Everyone. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.