Friday, July 13, 2007

What I do...



Good Mourning, Widows! Joy to you and me.

As everyone knows I make my business writing about the dead. When it comes to sickness, death and dying, I am the authority. My day consists of visiting cemeteries to read headstones, scouring newspapers to read obituaries, searching online libraries to learn as much as I can about the history and lives of dead people and how they got that way then typing everything up and pressing send. Certainly it's a job not meant for everyone. But I confess, I love it.

Like the good men and women I write about, my day is different as a thumbprint and interesting as a daffodil sprouting in the desert. It is filled with love, character, steeped in story and gratifying beyond belief. Imagine. I meet a new person and make a new friend every day.

For every blog entry I write, I strive to uncover a nugget of truth about an individual's life when he/she walked this earth. Be it good or bad, I tame it, I type it, and then I put it out there for all the world to read. I work hard to get to know what made her special, harder to find out why he will be missed. I wish everyone to know how much she loved life here on earth. In some way, printing a person's name on the page, raises him from the dead and hopefully, reunites them with the reader, if only for a little while.
Ahhh, mourning joy!

...And that's the way it is 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be.
Have a joy-filled day. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.