Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Don't go it alone -- Dear Readers...



"July 20, 1959

Dear Charley--

I know you are scared but there is nothing to be scared about. We have all had our tonsils out and look at us. We're OK!

You hold onto this letter. Put it under your pillow before the Doctors come in. They're going to give you something to make you sleepy and just before you fall asleep you can remember my letter is there and if you wake up before I get to your room, then you can reach under the pillow and read this again. Reading is like talking, so picture me talking to you there.

And soon I will be.

And then you can have all the ice cream you want! How about that?

I love you every Day.

Mom"
--Lovingly borrowed from Mitch Albom's, for one more day
Dear Readers,
If you are reading this, then something terrible has happened. Nobody visits Griefcase unless they have lost someone near and dear. First, my sincerest condolences. I cry not for you, but with you. Because I have lost someone near and dear, too.
Recently I lost a best friend. This person died suddenly, leaving the people who loved this person to wonder, what if....
Please know Griefcase is here for you, to support you in your hour of need. The fact that you have stopped by to read this proves you care about yourself and the people who love you. There are resources available, no problem is too great that cannot be tackled. Like the 60's song says, we can work it out.
You have permission to write me at littleredmailbox@aol.com.
To the ends of the earth, I'll search to get you the help you need. I have said it before, I will say it again, We're not alone.
Please remember that.
And never forget, you, dear reader, have permimssion to reach out and touch someone. I'm Linda at littleredmailbox@aol.com
Write me. Go ahead. I dare you.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.