Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mourning Joy - Have a Heart


Good Mourning Everyone. Joy to you and me.
Recently a good friend of mine died. She was 55 years old. She leaves a husband, a soldier son, a sister, a mother, a mother-in-law, friends, co-workers, neighbors, me--to grieve at her sudden death--and question why did this happen?
Griefcase was born out of the depths of despair--mine--to address the needs of one widow--me. See, I had no place to go, no one to turn to. I promised myself that if I made it through the grief process, I would do everything in my power to make sure no woman ever felt as lonesome as I did. Grief is a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, and it is the reason for my closing line, "And remember, we're not alone."
While Griefcase is unable to help every grieving widow out there, it works diligently daily to honor a loved one with a poem, a quotation, a famous widow, a slice of humor, in hopes of bringing closure, healing a broken heart, perhaps creating a new lasting memory for a new widow to reflect on instead of a sad one.
Walk With Karen is set for Sunday, September 9, 10:00 AM. It will start at the County Center, White Plains and continue on to Harney Road, Scarsdale, alongside the Bronx River Parkway. I am a one-man band. It is out of the goodness of my heart that I created Walk With Karen, knowing full well, if something goes wrong, the buck stops here. It's a new venture for Griefcase, one which I had always hoped to create, something Karen and I had often discussed, and again came up in our last meeting shortly before her death. Karen knew my plans for Griefcase, she was instrumental in my moving forward with my life after Ed's death, she was the one who encouraged me to fingerhug my pen and write...again. "You have a talent," she said. "You can help so many people with your writing."
If you care about Karen, I leave it up to you how or what donations you wish to make and who to make your checks payable to. Walk With Karen is a real event, it will happen. It is one Griefcase plans to make an annual event. It's the least I can do for my friend, Karen Doty.
Have a joy-filled day, Everyone. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

1 comment:

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.