Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11/07




Good Mourning, Everyone! Joy to you and me.

Today we honor the famous men and women martyred in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
If the question, "Where were you on 9/11/01?" was posed, who among us would not be able to recount in specific detail, where we were, what we were doing, and the pall of dread that blanketed our Nation.
Griefcase does. And so does Mindy Schwartz, famous freelance photogrpaher.

To Mindy Schwartz:
Griefcase extends a special thank you for your inspiring photos and memorable email.
Your heartfelt email to Griefcase says it all, says it best. Griefcase is proud and honored to share your words and captivating photographs this 9/11.

Hello,

I have a few photos of the WTC that were taken off a cruise that means a lot to me..
I originally started to write you a little bio, which has turned into a book of grief of 911 and the loss of my nana. Two of the worst days in my life...I know you do a lot of your business with grief counseling and wished I had known you then.
Well, anyway my grandmother knew I was a photographer and knew that I had a photo of the WTC and wanted to have a copy of it for a keepsake to remember what was. Well, she lost most of her sight so she did not really get to see it. I wanted to have a part of me with her when she died so I had taken the photo and framed and matted it and had it put in her coffin. This way it felt to me that she got her wish to have the photo and to have a piece of me with her.

I was asked two months later by Alan Jackson's manager to donate a few pictures of the WTC to be joined with the lyrics of Where were you when the world stopped turning for a Cystic Fibrosis Function. I was invited to the function and to my surprise our joint effort was called "priceless" and brought in much funds for a great cause...research.

To keep my Nanas' name going I have donated some of my works at the local Hospice Center to bring a little bit of cheerfulness during sad times. I also, have donated some of my work to find the cure for HIV events. Taryn (Simpson) had a tree planted in a local park in dedication to my nana.

Do not take this as a way for me to pat myself on the back...I am not like that..I just did not know if you would be interested in using this little info and the photos for one of your websites or newsletter.

Just let me know...and who knows I might have to send you the original story I wrote you sometime..

Thanks for your time...

Mindy

Mindy Schwartz
Freelance Photographer

http://www.albumo.com/affiliate-referral/477/portfolio
http://www.albumo.com/affiliate-referral/477/home
One more note to Mindy:
No, no, no. Thank you!
:)L

1 comment:

  1. What a great story, Mindy. Thank you for sharing your talent and love with us. Thank you, Linda for posting this on your blog. Much love to all those who grieve--especially on this anniversary.

    Yvonne Perry, author of
    RIGHT TO RECOVER Winning the Political and Religious Wars over Stem Cell Research in America (www.right2recover.com)

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.