Sunday, October 21, 2007

Things Edward Louis Sclier Liked...



He liked sleeping late on Sunday's.


He liked lying in bed next to me.


He liked buttered cinnamon raisin toast sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.


He liked hazlenut coffee heaped with 2 sugars and extra cream.


He liked to watch "60 Minutes."


He liked to play gin rummy.


He liked to win.


He liked going to work and coming home from work.


He liked long walks, short walks, holding hands, and wet kisses.


He liked to walk when he could drive, to drive when he could fly, and to fly when he couldn't walk or drive the distance.


He didn't like it when I didn't wait for him to hold a door open for me.


He liked holding me close and squeezing me tight, all through the night.


When I was tired, feeling sad, or, sick to my stomach from period cramps and my head ached from a thumb-in-the-eye migraine, he liked to kiss me all over and tell me he loved me.


Best of all, he liked me back.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a wonderful man who left you with joyous memories like these. In this instance it's not about how long he loved you but how well and how enduring the memories.

    I cried when I read this.

    FeelingFlirty

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.