Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mourning Joy - A Sunday

Do not stand here today and weep.
I am not truly away from you.
I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond on the snow.
I am the sunlight ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush, of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

So do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die

- Anonymous

© 2006, Reverend Laurie Sue Brockway
Rev. Laurie Sue Brockway is one of New York's leading interfaith and non-denominational wedding officiants. She creates unique ceremonies for couples of all backgrounds and faiths, and is also widely recognized as a bridal stress expert and columnist. She is author of WEDDING GODDESS: A Divine Guide To Transforming Wedding Stress into Wedding Bliss (Perigee Books, May 2005). Visit Rev. Laurie Sue Brockway at www.WeddingGoddessWisdom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.