Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mrs. Jessica Langevin (Army Spc. Sean K. A. Langevin)




"It was a half-hour conversation, and the whole time he told me how much he loved me and how much he missed me and the baby. It was just a great conversation. That was a good last one." --Jessica Langevin

Good Mourning, Everyone!

Joy to you and me.

Today we welcome into the club nobody wants to join, famous widow, Jessica Langevin, wife of famous US Army Spc. Sean K. A. Langevin, age 23, from Walnut Creek, California.

Jessica met Sean when they both worked at a pizza parlor. In January 2006, they married and their first child is due in February.

Sean was killed November 9 when his patrol was attacked in Araus, Afghanistan.

He died for you and me.

Griefcase extends to Jessica and every member of the Langevin family, sincerest condolences, profound gratitude, and best wishes for mourning joy all the days of their lives.

Mourning Joy:

Something I learned from my dog: No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.

Mourning Quote:

"Age is a terrible thief. Just when you'ure getting the hang of life, it knocks your legs out from under you and stoops your back. It makes you ache and muddies your head and silently spreads cancer throughout your spouse. ...Although there are times I'd give anything to have her back, I'm glad she went first. Losing her was like being cleft down the middle. It was the moment it all ended for me, and I wouldn't have wanted her to go through that. Being the survivor stinks." --"Water for Elephants," by Sara Gruen

After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen. Open what I lovingly refer to as a joy-nal and write something.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

Have a joy-filled day, Everyone! And remember, we're not alone.

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.