Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dear Joan Didion - An Open Letter


"I cannot count the days on which I found myself driving abruptly blinded by tears." --Joan Didion
Dear Joan Didion,
First, sincerest condolences on the death of your husband, John Gregory Dunne. You don't know me. Perhaps you never will, but I am writing this letter to tell you that I am a fan of yours. I cry not for you, but with you, because I am a widow, too.
I want to meet you, Joan Didion.
I want to interview you.
I want to hear your words and share them with widows of the world, as my message continues to be, we're not alone.
If you are out there Joan Didion, I humbly request an interview. Perhaps you would be interested in being a guest on my new t.v. show, Griefcase, supporting widows going through the grief process and sharing recources. My show is located less than 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be, as many miles from where you make your home in NY City.
Let me know, Joan Didion. It's just a thought. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Linda Della Donna
Founder, Director, Griefcase
P.O. Box 624
Hartsdale, NY 10530

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.