Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hope Warrington (Mrs. G. D. Warrington)



Today we welcome to the club nobody wants to join, Mrs. Hope Warrington, wife of G. D. Warrington, Transit Executive.
George D. Warrington died Christmas Eve. He was 55 years old and was from Mendham, NJ.
Mr. Warrington worked in public transportation more than 30 years and was responsible for shaping the experience of millions of commuters in the northeastern US.
Mrs. Warrington is left with their son, David, and her daughters, Brittany Wood and Kendall Wood, to see her through the grief journey.
To Hope, David, Brittany and Kendall, Griefcase extends sincerest condolences and best wishes for mourning joy all the days of your lives.
Mourning Joy:
An actual sign on a roller coaster: "Watch your head."
Mourning Poem:
At lunchtime I bought a huge orange--
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave--
They got quarters and I had a half.
And that orange, it made me so happy,
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.
This is peace and contentment. It's new.
The rest of the day was quite easy.
I did all the jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I'm glad I exist.
After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen. Open what I lovingly refer to as a joy-nal, and write something.
Make a list.
It can be as simple as a grocery list.
Be specific.
Don't say bread, write rye bread, or pumpernickel, or challah bread.
Don't say, toilet paper, write your favorite brand name; two-ply? extra absorbent?
You get the picture.
Don't be shy.
Go ahead Write something. I dare you.
Have a joy-filled day, Everyone! And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.