Friday, January 18, 2008

Make Music in the Heart...A poem by Howard Thurman



Good Mourning, Everyone. Joy to you and me.

Today I sit at my desk and sift through a mountain of memories--a letter from Natalie Goldberg *I really must respond*, an old electric bill *before the rates jumped*, a Christmas letter from TJ in Austin, Texas *he's just returned from a trip to Alaska*, imagine, "5 different glaciers and 15 kinds of animals from birds to whales."

TJ, writes, "It was SO beautiful!"

Bravo! TJ!

Thank you for writing and reminding me how beautiful the world we live in truly is. Hope you're reading this blog entry, TJ, because I want you to see a picture I took of an animal out my kitchen window in my backyard.

And one more note from TJ--Words lovingly lifted from a poem he sent me:

When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and the princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their
flock,

The work of Christmas begins:

To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among all,
To make music in the heart.

Here's to TJ, his joy-filled message; to the world around us, filled with joy-ous things to see...Perhaps it will inspire you to fingerhug your pen and write something.

Perhaps it will motivate you to fingerhug your camera and snap a photo.

Perhaps you will be inspired to open what I lovingly refer to as a joy-nal, and make an entry.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

Thank you, TJ, wherever you are.

Have a joy-filled day, Everyone.

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.