Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Honest Scrap Award




I have just been presented with the Honest Scrap Award.

Thank you, Author, Freelance Writer, Working Writer's Coach, Suzanne Lieurance!

What can I say? I am humbled.

Imagine. An award for telling it like it is!

What will they think of next?

Now, according to rules handed down from award winning Author/Editor Lea to Author, Freelance Writer, Working Writer's Coach, Suzanne Lieurance *Whew!* I must post two Honest Scrap Questions and my answers.

So without much further adieu. Here are the questions, followed by my answers:

1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!)

2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers.

Ten honest things about me--well, let me see.

I bite my nails.

I hate that I do this finger-in-the-mouth thing. It's such a dirty habit, I know. But I just can't help myself. Swear to God, if there were a Betty Ford clinic for nailbiters, I'd be first to enroll.

I like to write.

Like nail biting, I always find myself pen in hand, poised over paper. Guess I'll just have to get accustomed to sleeping with a ball point pen and pad tucked under my pillow. Which remends me, my flashlight needs batteries. Again.

I like to hang out in coffee shops, train stations, children's playgrounds. No. I'm not a pervert. I just like to people watch. Should I count that as 2 things?

I like to do crossword puzzles. Especially parked in front of t.v. watching my favorite program, "Boston Legal" (I hate that it's ended). Nothing like a NY Times or LA Times puzzle to get my brain juices flowing and help me to relax. Better than a Yoga position, a crossword puzzle will unwind me and can even put me to sleep. I just love that.

I have a pink kayak. I love it!

See, I am deathly afraid of water. This writer prefers to take her water in a glass. But in purchasing this bubble gum pink kayak with matching life preserver, I have learned the valuable lesson: by taking life one stroke at a time, I proved to myself--along with hard work, determination, and maintaining focus--I can do that venture into deep water thing. Yes, I can!

I love shoes. I'll let you in on a little secret. There are more than 150 pairs of shoes in my closet. And they are all mine. Call me Imelda Marcos, I do not care. I collect 'em, I closet 'em, and I care for 'em...I never throw a pair of shoes away.

I love shop-ping! I adore fashion. I like to dress up, to dress down, and to dress in between. For my son's wedding, I purchased a black and white satin cuff ball gown with matching purse. And I felt like Jackie O making my grand entrance--nevermind I had just buried my man--I had a new pair of shoes and I was walking on my own two feet. I like seeing that ball gown hanging in my closet. I have only to touch its hem and close my eyes and I am in my son's arms, gliding the dance floor, stepping in time to our favorite tune, the one I crooned those lonely nights back in my single parenting days--"You and Me Against the World" by Helen Reddy. Yes, along with that gown, along with those shoes, I love that memory.

October 28, 2008 at 3:44 p.m. I was presented with a new boy toy--My new grandson, Hunter. I have the memory of that wonderful feeling that pulsed my veins as I held that tiny infant in my arms. He was less than 9 minutes old. And yes, there were tears--Mine--Not Hunter's. I loved feeling his breath on my cheek.

I love that I am DeeDa, not Grandma, not Aunty Em, not the woman next door, to Hunter.

I love my son, Hunter's dad.

I love my son's wife, Hunter's mom.

I love the new man in my new life, Hunter's new friend.

Whew! That's it. I've probably written way more than 10 things about me. But, what can I say? I'm full of Scrap.

Here's my 7 blogs:

Yvonne Perry

Taryn-Simpson

Janet Grace Riehl

Carma

Diane Eble

Stephen Clark Bradley

Oops. I need one more. Anyone out there interested in filling the gap? Send me an email at griefcasenet@gmail.com with your particulars and I'll gladly fill in the space.

:)L

1 comment:

  1. Linda,

    I love having these facts revealed about you. Now I know you like a real girlfriend knows one another.

    Just to say...thanks for nominating me also. I won't be able to play just now as I'm limiting my blogging activities in favor of more sustained writing.

    But, I surely do appreciate being thought of. As you say, what an honor!

    Janet Riehl]
    www.riehlife.com

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.