Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mourning Mailbag...Chris Foster Writes

What they're saying about Griefcase...




And from Texas, USA, Chris Foster writes:


Hi Linda,

I'm not in the position of grieving for a loved one, but I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed reading your "Griefcase" blog.

What a marvelous idea! I'm sure it brings comfort, solace, and newfound inspiration to those who can use such support. I applaud you for it, and no doubt it serves as both a rallying point and wellspring of warmth for those in need. (By the way, I found your blog this morning when Googling for 'Frederick Morgan' and his poetry.

I'm a writer in Texas and I enjoy discovering new poetry and writing on my breaks throughout the day.)

I saw you'd posted some short Christmas jokes. It reminded me of one for lovers of the English language; my high school writing teacher told it to me and I still remember it. (Feel free to use it if you like it, of course!)

Q: What do you call Santa's helpers?

A: Subordinate clauses.


Keep up the wonderful work, Linda. I know it is made for those going through grief, but as an 'outside' voice I hope you don't mind me saying that I found some inspriration and pleasure in reading it today, too!

Best wishes,
Chris Foster




Thanks, Chris Foster, for your kind words and helping to spread a little Mourning joy. It is my pleasure to share your contribution to Griefcase. Outsiders are always welcome here at Griefcase. May you continue to remain outside looking in for a long long long time.

Here's wishing you and every reader out there best wishes and a joy-filled day.

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.