Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dora Silveria - February 8, 2009 - Age 77




















Today, Griefcase lights a candle for Dora Silveria, wife, mother, grandmother, humanitarian, and friend.

I met Dora in 2007. It was at a party.

How special for me.

I was on the arm of my new friend, and I remember feeling uneasy--I had just relocated, just moved into a new community, and here I was meeting new people.

Dora welcomed me with warmth, friendship, and sincere non-judgmental affection. I will never forget Dora, and will always remember her smile, her gentle touch, her electric eyes and most of all her shock of white hair.

What a blessing that our paths crossed.

Let the world know this writer is grateful sincerely for the memory.

To Dora's husband, Dick; daughter, Ricki V. Silveria and her husband, Michael Spruill; daughter, Danette L. Fernandez and her husband, Wilfredo; son, Kent B. Silveria and his wife, Patricia, and her beloved grandsons, Douglas and Curtis Silveria and Austin and Eric Fernandez, Griefcase extends sincere condolences and best wishes for mourning joy all the days of your lives.
















I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard Him call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day
to laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found peace at the end of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy!
A love shared, a laugh, a kiss
Ah yes! These things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I've savored much,
good friends, good times,
a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me.
God wanted me now, HE SET ME FREE!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your friend. I know she will be missed.

    Warmly,
    Terri
    http://heartfeltwords4kids.bogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.