Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happiness is a Butterfly




"The pen is the tongue of the mind." --Cervantes


Dear Everyone,

This write finds me in Menemsha. I am on vacation cruising ports from Connecticut to Nantucket. Yesterday I was in Newport, RI. Thoughts of Ed filled my brain, I wondered how was he doing, if he remembered me. I began to feel guilty that I was here and he wasn't, things like that. A monarch butterfly fluttered past my window. It slowed before my eyes and seemed to freeze in place. Then, it softly fluttered from my view. I can't help believing that it was Ed stopping by to say hello and reassure me he's thinking of me, too. Just thought I'd share.


Mourning Joy:

Why was the baby ant confused?

Because all his uncles were ants.


After we remember Him, do what I do. Set the clock timer for ten minutes, open what I lovingly refer to as a JOY-nal, and write something.

Go ahead. I dare you.

Have a joy-filled day, everyone, and just remember, we're not alone.

xxoo:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.