Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009!




Goodbye 2009!

It's the end of another year.

Time to make resolutions; time to set new goals.

Time for a widow, or anyone mourning the loss of a loved one, to make a new plan.

Today, I'm taking time to write my goals out. The one goal that rockets to the top of my goal list is the haunting promise to write my book.

And then I got another goal. That one is to get a synopsis and a proposal letter written for another book I'm working on, some tiny little keepsake thing written especially for widows, something cute and cozy for a widow to tote around with her, tuck neatly in her purse or coat pocket like a good luck charm, maybe something she can set nicely on her nightstand at the end of a long horrible ugly miserable day when she feels she just can't take it anymore without her husband to throw his arms around her and tell her everything will be okay, something with words of encouragement and comfort typed neatly in it to send the universal message, We're not alone.

After that, well, I plan to get up each morning and breathe.

Every widow needs a goal.

What are your goals for 2010?

Why not grab a fast writing pen, open what I lovingly refer to as a JOY-nal, and write them down.

Then tear the sheet out your JOY-nal and tape it to your bathroom mirror to act as your gentle reminder every day in 2010 to do it. Just do it.

Go ahead. I dare you.

This is Linda Della Donna signing off for 2009 and sending every widowed woman on this planet my warmest mourning joy wishes for a Happy New Year. Thank you for supporting me at Griefcase another year.

:)L

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda!

    YUS YUS, I am doing what you have suggested. As a new widow, and someone who lost her father (unexpectedly) one month after she lost her husband...I am making goals for the new year, knowing it is a part of my healing, and journey to re-discover who I am without my husband and father in my life.
    My goals so far:

    1. Have outline of two books done, and the first and second draft of the first book well on the way.

    2. With my mother make a choice on where we will love permanently, and move forward with that.

    3. Take a trip and enjoy it.

    Thank you for your blog, Ms. Donna...Blessings to you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.