Friday, May 06, 2011

The Last Time I saw Hunter

"There's nothing worse than being cornered by a writer at a party and listening to him drone on, with every other sentence beginning As I say in my book."--Betsy Lerner


There are days I have no idea what to write about in my blog. Today is one of those days. If I write about myself, I worry I become the self-absorbed character Betsy Lerner describes in the quote above, a character fault I do not want to possess, nor promote in myself or that of another writer. But, to be fair, in order to be a good marketing writer, blowing one's own horn is essential and a common thread we all weave.


For that reason, today I share the story of Hunter--Hunter is my grandson. He is 2 years old. Once a week, sometimes twice a week, I get to spend time with that little guy. The last time I saw Hunter, this is what we did:

This is Hunter preparing his lunch specialty-- mini pizzas

All pizza needs just the right amount of mozzarella cheese.

Pizzas in the oven, Hunter waves a magic hand and keeps a watchful eye.

Shhhh. Hunter took a peek at the pizzas. I have no idea why.

Pizza. Done!
Spending time with grandson, Hunter, teaching him how to make mini pizzas, sharing moments of marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese is like writing.  I take it slow. I focus. I am in the moment. Everything is done one step at a time.


Writing Quote (Words of Inspiration):

 "Nothing happens unless first a dream."--Carl Sandburg

Writing Tip:

"...Submitting  your work fifty times or revising it as many times as you have to may be what separates the sung from the unsung."--Betsy Lerner

Thanks for reading. Now, go write something.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

P. S. Be sure to stop by griefcase and read my other blog.

2 comments:

  1. "Now go write something." <--I LOVED that directive! *L* It's a good, solid piece of advice to all we writerly types, yes? I spend time with my two young nephews whenever possible - they are 5 yrs old and 8 yrs old, respectively. I see the world in a completely different perspective when I spend time with them.

    And now, I'm off to take your advice and write something! :)

    ~ Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as I say in my weblog...

    Yes, that does sound annoying.

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.