Monday, December 05, 2016

...A Time to Remember, A Time to Honor and a Time to Cherish




I light a candle in memory of our loved ones and share it with you.
Blessings All!



The Holiday Season is here. And like it or not, we widows must get through them without Him/Her at our side.

Today I take time to light a candle for each and every dearly departed beloved and to share quotations that have meaning to me.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed collecting them. May they inspire us and motivate us to be the best we can be as we make our way through this challenging time of year:

I have friends who I get along with who I know get very uncomfortable being alone unless they're with people talking all the time. Whether it's on the phone or in person, they're never by themselves, whereas I could be alone for months. --Viggo Mortenson

Be happy today by living every moment of life, complaining less, love all, being thankful for the little things that are important to you. --Anurag Prakash Ray

Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons. Relationships must be chosen wisely. It's better to be alone than to be in bad company. There's no need to rush. If something is meant to be, it will happen in the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason. Fall in love when you're ready, not when you're lonely. --Unknown

Being alone doesn't mean you have to be sad and feel lonely most of the time. Instead make that time as your precious time, to meditate, to evaluate yourself, to analyze what's going on around you. To trace the path you want to go, to figure out the things you want to do, and to improve your abilities and skills with your own. So, never be desperate when you are alone, but give it value and use it for yourself, to finalize what you really want. --Janet Realope

I don't play hard to get, I am hard to get. --Linda Della Donna

Some of my fondest memories are holidays by the seaside. --Mary Berry

I'm very spiritual and I'm Jewish by faith. I'm not a practicing Jew, I'm more of a recreational Jew. I celebrate the holidays and I try to inform my kids about their heritage because I think we all at some point have to defend our heritage and if they get picked on I want them to know why. --Peter Segal

I once wanted to become an atheist, but I gave up--they have no holidays. --Henny Youngman

Just as a puppy can be more of a challenge than a gift, so too can the holidays. --John Clayton

I used to always go to church on holidays, but I don't go much any more. --Michael Phelps

May your lives be filled with
what I lovingly refer to as mourning joy.

See you in print,
Linda Della Donna