Friday, December 02, 2016



Letters, we get letters. We get lots and lots of letters. --Perry Como''


It's been awhile since I posted here at Griefcase. The truth is I was busy fulfilling my promise, writing my book, "A Gift of Love," chronicling my journey at a sister blog, BookOrBust and taking time for me to heal.

It is many years since I buried my beloved Ed. Thankfully, I have moved forward. I am grateful for the great love Ed and I shared and the blessed happy memories I will forever carry in my heart. I am blessed with a following of women and men who continue to write to me to congratulate me on A Gift of Love, request copies of my free e-books, For Widows Only, "Us" and "Treasury of Quotations" and to share their heart-felt stories of love lost and to ask questions.

I always respond, directly or online.

Please know that your emails touch my heart and hug my soul. Your words of wisdom are borne out of deep sadness that only another widow can appreciate. This past week my mailbox is overflowing with letters from widows and widowers sharing stories that I can barely read without shedding a tear of my own. I realize these men and women are remarkable and by reaching out to me, a stranger, demonstrate tremendous courage while traveling their grief journey.

Always the holidays will trigger our strongest and deepest feelings for our beloved partners passed and always will appear when least expected.

As I, too, have learned, Holidays, no matter how many gone by without Him/Her at our side present challenges. And that's because we are human.

Please know, at this time I am working on your letters. Your requests. Your questions.

I didn't forget. I won't forget. Any of you. Ever.

Thank you for being my friend.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna