Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Mourning Joy







"It's not about what's over the rainbow.
It's more about the yellow brick road, the people we meet
and the friends we make along the way." --Linda Della Donna


It is Wednesday, January 18, 2017. Where I live, the sky is gray as an elephant's ear and there is rain. I hear it pelting the window sill. In the distance,  a whistle blows. It is the sound of MetroNorth, a sign that the train from Brewster North is passing through the nearby depot and headed to Grand Central Station. At my hip, curled round as a button, is my mighty muse, The E, while Tux, my pretend kitty, sits at my feet and purrs softly. I sit and type. It's how I begin my day. Memories of days gone by flood me. And, I remember. 

I remember words I love you and spoken to me by the good man who loved me back. 

Ahhhh, today is the start of my good day. 

Here's to sweet sweeter sweetest memories and what I lovingly refer to as mourning joy.

How do you begin your day? Do you have a morning ritual? Do you keep a journal? Do you make an appointment to write in it daily? Why? Why not? Why not write about that?

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me. Your book is yet to be."


Widow Tip: Keep a journal. Write in it every day. It will make a beautiful keepsake and reminder when you open it one week, one month, one year from now and see how much you've grown and how far you have come.














Say goodnight E.
Goodnight E.