Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Widows, Widowers, Quotations and Good Mourning




Good Mourning Widows and Widowers.

There is rain here in New York. Lots of rain. There is wind. Oh my. Lots of wind. Soon as I finish writing this post and hit send, I'm out the door to play in it. I love rain.

Today I share words that speak to my heart and soul. I like that they validate me, leave me deep in thought and filled with inspiration, hope and motivation to move forward with the rest of my life. I hope they do same for you:

"There are few tragedies that can compare to the loss of a spouse. Though the pain and grief of losing one's partner may be unimaginable, life must inevitably continue." --Styleblazer

"You will lose someone you can't live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn't seal back up. And you come through. It's like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly--that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp." --Anne Lamott

"Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them." --Leo Tolstoy

"So it's true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love." --E. A. Buccianeri

"...Grief is forever. It doesn't go away; it becomes part of you, step for step, breath for breath." --Jandy Nelson

Now open your journal, pick up your fast-writing pen, and write something. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me; your book is yet to be."

Widow Tip:

Date wisely. Forgive yourself for mistakes. Some will play on your vulnerability and take advantage. Shame on them. But don't be afraid to pick yourself up and try again.

Widow Joke:

Q: What is a knight's favorite fish?
A: A sword fish