Monday, February 20, 2017

Presidents' Day, Presidents' Widows, Quotations

Mary Todd Lincoln's Dresses



Today is Presidents' Day here in the United States where we Americans take time to honor our famous leaders.

Today Griefcase takes time to honor the widows of these famous men, those obscure females who did not ask to be cast into the limelight, but were; the famous First Ladies who supported their husbands elected to the highest office in our land.

With great pride, Griefcase shares quotations from famous First Ladies of the United States of America. I hope you enjoy reading them, learning from them and may they inspire you to pick up your pen and write something:


If you keep making jokes like that, somebody is going to shoot you, father. --Mary Todd Lincoln

A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. --Eleanor Roosevelt

One must not let oneself be overwhelmed by sadness. --Jackie Kennedy

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition. --Martha Washington

It is one of my sources of happiness never to desire a knowledge of other peoples business. --Dolley Madison


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me;
your book is yet to be.


My Mighty Muse