Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Peace, Nature, Words of Inspiration

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
--Albert Einstein



There is gray sky out my window today. The television blares the news about a suicide bomber in Manchester, England. Ugly. Somewhere in the world a mother is crying. Her daughter is dead. I ask the question all Griefcase subscribers ask: What is wrong with this world? I feel the sinking life-will-never-be-the-same feeling now-that-my-loved-one-is gone, all Griefcase readers feel. The writer with many words has no words for this.

Today I turn to nature to share quotations on peace. I offer a little of this. A little of that. I hope they help to salve our wounds. I urge you to set a clock-timer for ten minutes, pick up your pen, and write something, if only a grocery list. Do it. Just do it.

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."


"Nature is the art of God." --Latin Saying

"No man fears what he has seen grow." --African Proverb

"One step leads to another." --Unknown

"The afternoon knows what the morning never expected." --Swedish Saying

"The day has eyes; the night has ears." --Scottish Saying

"The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese." --Unknown

"The earth has music for those who listen." --Unknown (thank you Guy Archer)

"When the wind is in the east, tis neither good for man or beast." --Unknown


The E
Faithful Friend, Mighty Muse

Mourning Tip: Give yourself permission to mourn. Take however long you need. This is your time. Do it your way.

Mourning Joy: Why did the bubble gum cross the road? Because it was stuck on the chicken's foot.